Georgia Milestones End of Grade Resources (3-8)
What is assessed?
Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
Georgia Milestones is administered primarily on the computer and includes the following features:
- Technology-enhanced items in all grades and courses,
- Open-ended (constructed response) items in English language arts in all grades and courses,
- A writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the English language arts assessment,
- A reported Lexile score based on the English language arts assessment in all grades and courses, and
- Estimated norm-referenced performance ranges for all grades and courses.
Georgia Milestones is a single assessment system that consists of end-of-grade measures in English language arts and mathematics in grades 3-8, end-of-grade measures in science in grades 5 and 8, end-of-grade measure in social studies in grade 8, and end-of-course measures for specified high school courses.
The end-of-course measures are administered at the completion of the course, regardless of the grade level. Middle school students who are enrolled in one or more of these courses are required to take the associated end-of-course (EOC) measure. These measures serve as the final exam for the course and contribute 20% to the student's final course grade.