Tift Schools 1:1 Chromebook Initiative
All students in grades K-12 will be issued a Chromebook to be used at school and/or home. The students will be issued the Chromebooks at the beginning of the school year and will return them to the media center at the end of the school year or upon leaving the school. In order for each student to get a Chromebook, the student and a parent must attend a Chromebook meeting and sign-in. Students will not be allowed to check out a Chromebook if the student and/or parent did not attend a meeting or if they failed to sign-in while at the meeting. There is an Acknowledgement form that will need to be signed and returned upon checking out the Chromebook.
The Chromebook is a Dell 11 3189. It has an 11-inch screen. We highly recommend that you purchase some type of cover for the device to help prevent scratches and damage done to the device. Each school store will have some available for purchase or you can purchase them online or at a local store.
Distribution of Chromebooks
All schools will distribute Chromebooks the first week of school. If a student previously had a Chromebook assigned to them at a Tift County school, no additional paperwork or information is required. It is the responsibility of the student and parent to read and understand the updated version of the Chromebook policy.
Requirements for Checking out Chromebook
Grades 6 - 12
1. Parent/Guardian/Student must have attended a Chromebook meeting.
2. Parent/Guardian/Student must have watched the Chromebook video (if you have previously watched the video, you do not have to watch it again)
3. Parent/Guardian/Student must have a signed copy of the Tift Schools Chromebook Policy Handbook/Student/Computer Usage Agreement form on file.
1. Parent/Guardian/Student must have a signed copy of the Tift Schools Chromebook Policy Handbook/Student/Computer Usage Agreement form on file.
2. Parent/Guardian/Student must have attended a Chromebook meeting if Chromebooks are to go home.
Optional Insurance offered by The Worth Ave Group
Below is the link for the Optional Insurance. Enrollment deadline is September 7, 2020. The policies are found below.
Chromebook Optional Insurance Information