The Tift County School Social Workers’ mission is to advocate within the home, school, and community in ways that empower and support all students to achieve educational success.
What does a School Social Worker do?
The School Social Worker works with schools, students and families to eliminate barriers to successful learning.
- Develops and identifies resources for students and families
- Assists families in crisis or those with emergency needs.
- Acts as a liaison/link between the School, the home, and the community
The School Social Worker acts as liaison/link between the School, the Home, and the Community.
- Advocates on behalf of children and families with agencies and community resources.
- Consults with numerous community agencies including the following:
- Juvenile Court
- Department of Family and Children’s Services
- Various Counseling Centers
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Behavioral Health Services
- Tift County Commission on Children and Youth
- PattiCake House
- Ruth’s Cottage
- Brother Charlie’s
Social Worker and Homeless Liaison serving Charles Spencer, J.T. Reddick, Len Lastinger, and Matt Wilson Elementary Schools
Contact her at email@example.com
Social Worker and Homeless Liaison serving Annie Belle Clark, G.O. Bailey, Northside, and Omega Elementary Schools (Pre K-5th)
Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Worker and Homeless Liaison serving Eighth Street Middle and Northeast Middle Schools (6th-8th)
Contact her at email@example.com
Social Worker and Homeless Liaison serving Tift County High School and 6th Street Academy (6th-12th)
Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org