- If you child is under five (5) years of age, he must have protection against pneumococcal disease. He will need the Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine (PCV). The number of doses needed will depend on the child’s age.
- If your child is currently enrolled in a 4-year-old Pre-K program and has a certificate marked as “Complete for School,” he MUST also obtain the second doses of varicella and mumps vaccines and will need to submit documentation of meeting the new requirements on the Georgia Certificate of Immunization upon registering for school.
- Contact the Health Department or physician to receive any needed vaccinations and to obtain a new Certificate of Immunization (DHR Form 3231). Photocopies are accepted.
- ALL entering kindergarten students must also have their basic vaccinations, which include required doses of Hepatitis B, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Inactivated Poliovirus and Varicella.
- ALL entering students must also turn in a completed Vision, Hearing and Dental Certificate (DHR Form 3300) from the Health Department or physician in order to register for school.
- Have two (2) doses of Measles vaccine, two (2) doses of Mumps vaccine, and one (1) dose of Rubella vaccine or laboratory proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps or Rubella.
- Have (2) doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine or documentation of disease or laboratory proof of immunity. At the time your child entered school only one (1) dose of this vaccine was required.
- Contact your health care provider to receive any needed vaccinations and to obtain the NEW Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231). ALL entering sixth graders will be REQUIRED to present this completed form.
- ALL entering sixth graders must also have their basic vaccinations, which include required doses of Hepatitis B, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Inactivated Poliovirus and Varicella.
- Students will receive schedules at open house if the required certificate has been submitted to the elementary school by the end of this school year or to the middle school prior to open house.
Seventh Grade Immunization Requirements
Under Georgia Law effective July 1, 2014: All Children born on or after January 1, 2002 who are attending seventh grade, and children who are new entrants into a Georgia school in grades eight through twelve, must have received on dose of Tdap vaccine and one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine.