The mission of the Tift County School System is to educate, prepare and inspire students to reach their fullest potential.
The Tift County School System prepares our students for tomorrow by building on our tradition of excellence.
- All students will have an opportunity for an appropriate, tiered education, within a safe and drug free environment.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the student, the home, the educators and the community through commitment and participation.
- Schools must prepare students as life-long learners to live productively in a rapidly changing, technologically advanced society and world.
- The Board of Education must ensure the school system is providing the best educational opportunities.
- High quality schools depend upon high quality teaching.
- All students can achieve in school.
- Public education is a cornerstone of our democratic society and local control is an essential element in the governance of public education.
- Developing life skills is an essential component of success in life.
- We must celebrate and engage the diversity of our community.
- School quality impacts the quality of life in our community.
- Decision making and planning should focus on educating our students to become productive and successful citizens.